Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Dream is alive

It fades away, quietly. Almost like a cat in a dark alley. One moment its right before your eyes displaying itself with all it's glory and beauty. And then the very next moment when you look away to smoke a cigarette or distract yourself for a while with human company on the unhuman phone it disseappears into the cold, thin autumn air. And Yes it is out of sight, but not out of mind for a while. You fight for it, you search for it relentlessly. And then your life takes over. Things are as bad as before but somehow worse because of the absence of that one thing, that one amazing wonderful beautiful thing. It wasn’t a thing, it was a moment , it was an experience.
And then one night while getting wasted with a friend discussing wedding songs it made a reappearance. And it was an entry that I shall never forget. Enter Slash. Enter I am in heaven, Yes. I sit in amazement as Slash unravels his magic before my tender ears with magnificent support and co-existence from the rest of the band. As the song progresses I sink deeper into this trance that makes nirvana seem attainable. It cannot come to an end, it must be immortal. It is so awesome that it wraps me up entirely almost making me feel like music is tangible and that I, mere me, could reach out and touch it like I touch my nose or yours. And when the seconds on the music player decrease with every passing second I clutch my heart like I would if death succeeded me just a few moments away. It might sound untrue and even unreal but it is as true as the truth about wine being good for you.
The roof has been raised. Oh boy has the roof been raised. It has flown away into another timezone in the future where sex with multiple partners is as common an occurrence as love. It floats about in another universe where there are planets named after great musicians. I am floored and I shall never be the same.
The song enters me in an almost osmotic way, just oozing in as if that were the only chemical thing to do. It is going to use me as a host and from this moment on we shall share a symbiotic relationship that caters more to my needs that I to it. It will make me do great things. It makes me believe in the power that lies within my useless over weight twenty two year old body. I can move mountains,yes. I can cross every stream. I can and I will reach my dream.
And then reality dawns and I realise that there is no place for dreams in this real world. And even if there is, it would be a fact that is as useless to me as my neighbors soul. I have multiple dreams, I have multiple personalities. If I could be just one person then I would dream just one dream. But I am this and I am that. I am thin and I am fat. I cross over borders with the ease and speed of a house mouse. Never here neither there is not a pleasant place to live in especially if everyone else resides in we-have-jobs land. But just for tonight I dream on.
There is all this talk of it takes just one. I never bought into all that non-stoner jargon until it occurred to me when the fog in my brain cleared. One man can change the world, one cause can save the world and one song can make you the person you were meant to be all along. Sure, tomorrow all this will seem like a dream but today it is alive in today, tomorrow and in the rest of the future that will haunt me till the day I die and the days after that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is it. This is it girl[in a non MJ soul]. So far the best post. Every word folding in itself and dodging the pomposity of language your other posts hold so dearly. The language did nothing but, the soul of your words did something.
If nothing, then you are a writer from here on. And guess what? You can only go up. Cheers!!!